Thursday, April 23, 2009

To A Reader--Maryilee

I know you feel your dream is far off but please don't feel that way. Even with the economy the way it is, publishers are still looking for writers. Don't give up on that. Yes, keep writing, keep pursuing that dream. When you get that book published you will feel the blessings that comes with it! It will be so worth it at the end, I promise you that.

I've been through a lot of things in my life and let me tell you, nothing ever stopped me from my dreams. Not being homeless, not my parents, not the rejections; nothing got in my way. I've got 2 books to show for it and more coming!

Yes it is hard, but nothing hard was ever worth more than seeing your name on the cover of a book you wrote. And meeting the people who enjoyed that book, well its priceless. I really mean that. It may not happen today, or tomorrow, or even next week; but it will happen if you don't give up. Don't say it's far off, say it's so close you can feel it, you can taste that victory. And then strive for it. Make realistic goals and meet them head on. Send out queries to everyone who accepts your genre, even if they are a small house. Those small houses sometimes are better! Get recognition first, then shoot for the bigger houses if you have to. I believe in you, girl! Now, you have to believe in yourself and go for it.

I hope this gets you in the writing mood. Now go write, get that book done and start submitting. Your dream could come true sooner than you think!

Amber

PS. Thank you for reading my blogs!

No comments: