Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello One and All!

On another blog, a few writers and myself were asked to write a snippit about our favorite season in a unique way....as a short "story" or excerpt.
Of course, I chose Spring for many reasons. Besides the temperature being not too cold and not too hot, there is also the feeling of the world being re-born which can be very beautiful! Leaves form on the trees, flowers open their petals for the first time, and the birds sing sweet melodies outside our bedroom windows in the morning waking us up! Plus this is the time for those Lilac bushes which give a sweet aroma that I can never resist.

I love nature and always have. When I was little I used to take my mother's good sheets (she never really had any bad ones lol) and built my own tents in the front yard. Well, it wasn't really a front yard because I lived on a farm and the front of the house was sort of in the center of the property. I used to get yelled at all the time but continued because I enjoyed being outside so much. After I became an adult, I still enjoyed the camping and have gone a few times.
One place I did enjoy camping was at the Johnny Appleseed Park in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I spent an entire summer there enjoying what they had to offer. I had a tent, shower and laundery facility which wasn't the same thing as really roughing it but it was a little different than staying in a house.

You can't do certain things during the winter because, well its too cold lol. You can't go on a picnic, go camping, go fishing which I used to when I was a kid, can't really go biking, or any of those things. I also really love summer!

Amber Rigby Grosjean
http://www.argrosjean.com/

No comments: