Friday, August 22, 2008

Hello Everyone!


All right, can you guess where this building is located at? Do you know what this building even is? If you guessed Nashville, TN then you guessed right but what is this building?
I didn't see the inside during this trip but I wanted to. They were giving tours for the right price and I didn't want to pay what they were asking so I just took this picture so I could remember being there lol.
During my short trip to Nashville, I learned something that I wasn't expecting about this city. I always thought that people in this area would be neighborly, you know wave at you when you walked by (or drove by). I was raised that way being a country girl but it wasn't like that. Sure, some people did wave. Most people were actually rude to us (my husband and I). We got lost a few times and asked for directions. Most people just kept on walking, didn't even look at us. That gave me a very bad impression about the city. The music capital of the world wasn't as great as I thought it would be. So it turned out being a bad choice to market my books but I still enjoyed the site seeing, what site seeing we were able to do lol with being lost most of the time. But at least we were able to find the original Grande Ol Opry which was a site. Did you know this building was originally built as a church? I didn't know until I saw the building up close! That was nice!
I did see real "mountain" people when I was there. They were nice. When they all passed us, they smiled and said hi to us. They were dressed in older clothes like the ones I've seen on television. Not sure if they were really from the hills like my husband said they were but they sure appeared to be. I was too afraid to ask, didn't want to offend anyone. I'm not the type of person who likes to do that sort of thing, you know hurt someone's feelings or affend someone. It isn't me. With my past, I know what it's like so I avoid it as much as possible. Even if it means lying to someone or biting my tongue. I refuse to do it! So with winter slowly approaching, that may be my last trip for the year. I wonder where I'll go next year. Somewhere I've never been I imagine! It makes everything so worth while!!
Any ideas?
Amber Rigby Grosjean

No comments: