Sunday, August 16, 2009

Writing Job

A few days ago, I was approached by a photographer from Italy. He wanted to know if I would write a book for him using his pictures. He originally had a deal with another author who had to back out due to scheduling issues and told him to go ahead and find another author. So he approached me. He sent me the story that the first author had started and I began to read it. After seeing the set up for the story I asked the photographer how many of his photos he was planning on using in the story because he was wanting to show case them along-side the erotic story. I also looked at the pictures he was planning to use and they were a story in itself, full coverage during sex scenes.

He told me he wanted to use as many of the 1700+ pictures he could. That completly threw me off. The pictures weren't bad but to put that many with a story wouldn't be a good balance. He also told me he had connections with some movie people and they were already discussing a movie deal once the book was out, which was premature, if you ask me.

I decided to turn this person down because it didn't feel right. I didn't want to put my name on something like that. He understood and said he would move to his next writer. It makes you wonder if it would've been a scam or something. If this ever happens to you, think it over hard before making any decisions. Do your research, check to see if this person has a website and then research some more. Cover all your basis.


Amber Rigby Grosjean
http://www.argrosjean.com

No comments: