Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pet Peeves


I know everyone has something that they just hate about how things work in life. For me, its no exception. I really hate it when people talk on their cell phones while driving. Most of the time, they don't pay attention to what's important--the road. I've come close to getting into accidents because the other driver was on the phone. Thank God, I was paying attention.

Another pet peeve is when you tell someone something in trust and that person takes that information to someone who has to gossip, knowing that this person gossips. Its like this person is asking for the information given to them in trust to be spread around to who knows who.

Normally, I am a person who can get along with anyone, for any reason. I'm easily pleased because I care about people. Sometimes, that does get me into trouble lol because I open up to the wrong people. I've helped people who stab me in the back for no apparent reasons. For some it was something simple like 10$ for gas, which one person turned around and got a free ride and took that money and played pool with it. For some, it was giving an extra plate of food because he or she was hungry, or letting them use the shower because their water wasn't turned on. That's another pet peeve.

People who take advantage is a really big pet peeve of mine. No, I'm not a taxi driver. No, I'm not a cigarette store that allows credit. No, I'm not a bank with a free withdrawal. No, I'm not a grocery store. And it does go on.

I know saying "no" can be a problem in the beginning because you can't tell who's going to stab you in the back, and who's going to begin taking advantage. It's a live and learn kind of thing. But it does drive me nuts at times. You can't turn everyone away because of one or two people although it does make it easier. I'm not that kind of person lol. I do know when to say no though, at times. People I don't know for example, aren't getting very far with me because I simply don't know them. Yeah, I can give someone a little helping hand if I don't know them but it really depends on the need and if I have it.

Ok, there's more pet peeves but I don't want to make this too long that no one's going to read it lol. What are your pet peeves? Care to share?



Amber Rigby Grosjean
http://www.argrosjean.com

No comments: