Monday, May 6, 2019

Things are coming along nicely

I am still working on the Spawn of the Curse's rewrite. Almost done. It's taking a little longer because I've been editing as I go. Before I close up shop, I run through fixing any errors. Once the book is finished, I read over it a couple more times looking for errors that I may find. No one is perfect so sometimes I may miss something. I just hope I don't which is why I take my time. I've read a couple books by Stephen King and found some errors. One or two but they are still there. It shows me he's human and makes me feel better knowing he's got all these editors and still makes mistakes. No one is perfect. I'm relieved knowing that.

So as I'm writing, I am turning the pages, waiting to see how the new story will turn out. I'm excited seeing how the story is much different than it was before. It's like its a whole new story and really it is. I'm loving it. Of course, I am a different person than I was when the story was first created. I only wrote the second book because so many people asked me to. This time around, it only makes sense to write the sequel. So I'm glad I'm getting the chance to rewrite it. Hopefully, people will like it better. I do. I love telling stories. It's in my blood, it's who I am. Without it, I wouldn't know who I was. I mean besides being a wife, mother, and grandmother....and friend. Without writing, my life wouldn't have as much meaning for those other things that I am. Without having the open-mind of a writer, I wouldn't see the world the way I do. I wouldn't be able to care the way I do, or love the way I do. It completes me. Makes me whole. I wouldn't want it any other way! I love being a writer and being able to tell the stories I do. I can't wait to really get things going and be able to share my mind with the world.

So it's 1 in the morning and I've got a lot of work to get done so I better get back to it. Spending the night with my characters, letting them have life. I've already put 1.5K words onto paper and looking to write another 8K before the night is over. See you in the next installment on this blog!!!

Thank you!

A.R. Grosjean

No comments: