Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Need Help Marketing Books?

I found a website that gives helpful tips all about marketing books. You can find this website at http://www.bookmarketing.dovada.net.au/index.php and read through the many pages of articles, picking through the ones that will help you the most.

One of the articles I read was about going to the place where the audience of your books hang out at. This article made a lot of sense. Readers don't hang out a book stores. They visit them occasionally, buy the book or stay for the book club they belong to and go home (or where ever else they need to go). Readers have lives just like the writers who created those stories whether fictional or true. I mostly write stories that entertain. My readers are adults. Beyond that, I really don't know who my audience is.

As a writer, you really need to know who your audience is. Where they hang out is something you can use to help market your books. This is where you need to promote your books the most. I can't tell you where those places will be. It all depends on your books and who your audiences are. Even a cookbook needs to be thought over for the audience as there are so many different types of cookbooks in the world which means each one will have a different audience.

I started thinking about that. I enjoyed writing my books and still do so my audience will be something like me. Where do I hang out? Well, in different places. I like going to many different types of places. Knowing this, I could market my books in those types of places that I like to hang out in. But there are others who aren't like me that would enjoy some of my books so now I have to think more about them. And so do all other writers trying to promote their own books.

Each book I write will have a different audience since I write in more than one genre. Yes, I do write erotica. My audience will be adults who enjoy sex, reading about sex, or even watching it. With this in mind, I would promote this book in adult locations where other items can be found.

Children's books work the same way. Where do children hang out? Zoos, parks, museums, schools, and more places to count. Where do their parents hang out? Knowing that would help because parents buy those books. And don't just think physical places, online places are out there too. Its all on this website so check it out. Learn before your book goes to print and get a head start on the marketing so when your book comes out, people will know about it and want their own copy! Good luck to you and have fun with it! This is your life, live it!!

That's what I'm doing! I'm living the life I wanted and I am running with it!
Amber Rigby Grosjean

No comments: