Monday, September 23, 2019

Needed a laugh or two......


I have discovered a new website (well for me anyway lol) and I'm loving it lol. The picture on the right (above) is the original. I was able to cut out the background and give it another one. My husband is always being silly, makes me laugh all the time which I need so when he did this, I just had to bust out laughing. 

Suffering from depression, having someone who can make me laugh is almost like medication. It really does help. He also inspires much of my writing! He's Jack in Cursed Blood (both versions). In the updated version (Cursed Blood: Bloodline Curse), I did put more of his personality into the character. It made it more real for me and I loved how it turned out. I don't normally add the comedy scenes to my books because I'm not good at writing those scenes but it felt more natural giving Jack a sense of humor. He needed it lol.

Anyway, the website is call Pixlr and it's amazing. No software, it's all done online!

Anyway, I'm taking a quick break right now (getting back to editing my book The Dead Life shortly) and just wanted to write in my blog. I had to share something lol. The editing process is going a little slow since I am so far ahead of schedule lol. This book is going to be a little different than the others because it will be a little smaller (height and width). The books before this one were all 9X6 and they look good on the shelf next to each other. It got me thinking, maybe they shouldn't be all the same size. It gives them more depth I think so my goal is to make the next one smaller. Maybe it would stand out a little on the shelf next to my other books. I'm still learning lol. The size will be determined by the length of the story which is still unknown since it is still being edited. I'm looking to be working on these edits through to next year so we'll just have to wait!!!!!

--A.R. Grosjean


No comments: